And he pulls ahead…
You just know he did this to get a cool photo for his computer’s wallpaper: http://tr.im/jRID
It’s not often I come across an unfamiliar (though useful) word: http://en.wikipedia.org/…
Wife just suggested we should try camping. I’m thinking that might be a useful skill come Depression 2.0.
That wasn’t very clear. “Mini sirloin burgers” from Jack in the Box are fantastic and delicious.
I’ve got that “mini sirloin burger” song from the Jack in the Box ad stuck in my head. If I hadn’t had one, I’d probably be more dismissive.
@mclazarus Well done. My high is 66 and a co-worker got to 105. Keep on ATCin!!
Hee hee. I’m going to a certain technical event held in San Francisco in early June. Hee hee. I am so jazzed.
@dclevitt Fun stuff that I can’t detail. :-|
Manual memory management is very challenging. I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to it. I miss my garbage collection.
Unhappy Earth Day to all: http://tr.im/jpHi
@yrb_superb No, Go Daddy has an annual TechFest where devs and others make presentations. Last year I did unit testing; this year, CSS.
@judithscanlon What a moronic insinuation.
The title “Dive into CSS” was decidedly not my own. If asked, I would have gone with “A Principled Approach to CSS” or “CSS in Principles.”
I’ve just completed the slides for my TechFest presentation. They’re much less inscrutable than last year, but I think it’ll be alright.
Loving Tweetie for the Mac. Not enough to buy it, mind you, but I’m not a desktop Twitter client kind of guy. Tweetie for iPhone is plenty.
@mwickens No, that’s good. Now I can catch up on Better Off Ted, Lost, and Arrested Development.
Hulu is coming to the iPhone and I can’t wait: http://tr.im/j5Id
James Carville just passed me in the hall and said hi. These are the sort of surreal experiences I love about working at Go Daddy.
Favorite so far: http://twitpic.com/3dsyo
J.D. Hayworth is speaking. I can’t stand that patronizing clown.
Who knew that there are so few copy stores downtown. Running late for Tea Party.
“Don’t Tax Me, Bro” is a great #teaparty sign, incidentally.
Our son’s American re-adoption court date is 9/23. That was as slow as the Ethiopian adoption with one judge handling all family issues.
@paulhuff It’s futile because it won’t change the culture that’s gotten us where we are today. The original had a more receptive culture.
In the competition between Tea Party and Ethiopian dining with friends, I’m afraid the futile gesture loses out.
Finally got Interface Builder. Finally. Thanks @hohle for all of your patience way back when. I wish you were still around the ol’ 14455.
@AttyJones That’s tough. On the one hand, copyright = property rights. Does your house revert to public prop. after death? Seems similar.
Git : TFS :: SVN : VSS. I had no idea how powerful it is. I heartily recommend http://www.gitcasts.com/
@PrissyCook Think “moi blah” if that helps.
Boy is this git install taking forever. I can’t believe how few of the dependencies I had.
@asocialcontract Now *that* is hilarious!
@dclevitt Hilarious in the sense of disgusting, troubling, and vile? Then I agree 100%.
I discovered last night that my daughters can really get down to MC Lars. Ironically, it wasn’t to “White Kids Aren’t Hyphy.”
Swinging right after a decent lunch is a bad idea. I feel like I’m going to spew any second. Ohhhhh.
http://www.zappos.com/ma… Enthralling, but you could put up random products at random locations without it making one whit of difference.
And now for something a little different, here’s a foreign policy HFS: http://tr.im/ieTH
@redmonk It’s like those people that move into the Luke flight zone and then try to restrict overflight. You were the original…
@sanbient It’s hard to describe but the cat’s tail is dead. It is hard as wood, hooks down at the end, and can’t be moved. *retch*
Another HFS for the day: http://tr.im/idi9
We’re going to have the amputation done by a retired vet in his garage for “a couple hundred.” This is how I imagine free markets working.
@mclazarus I’ve never used the other, but I love Tweetie: multiple accounts, draft tweets, twitpic integration, easily follow reply threads.
“Anger” because I think the pretext that led us to take her off someone’s hands may not have been a “move.” The rest because kids love her.
The kitten we got less than a week ago needs to have her tail amputated. $930!! Alternating been anger, compassion, disgust, and pity.
If fever is the result of your immune system fighting off infecion, then my daughter is going Chuck Norris on this one. 105! Poor thing.
I’ve found that frameworks get you 90% there (or more, hopefully) but the remaining 10% is the stuff that drives you mad.
I had a flashback to a script.aculo.us sortable issue back in 2006 today after having spent three days wrangling a jQuery UI Sortable.
@gruber Ask Merlin about Go Daddy. He’s been quite a fan (and not just because he’s spoken here a couple times).